The ice hockey team HIFK chooses their partners based on the same values: That is why Cariitti’s logo decorates the ice and penalty box of Helsinki hockey stadium.
Read below about the shared values of Cariitti and Finland’s oldest ice hockey team.
Markus Lindström thought for half a second when he was offered the position of CEO of HIFK in autumn 2022, after nine years of HIFK career as an employee. The ten-year career has gone by quickly:
– The years have gone by at an incredible pace. I still remember very clearly how privileged I felt when I first got the door handle as a HIFK employee.
Hockey has always been a passion and a love for Markus Lindström. Even as a young boy, we went to the Nordis to watch games.
– I admired HIFK legends Matti Hagman, Pekka Rautakallio and Pertti Lehtonen. Even then, there was something about IFK that drew me in. There was a unique vibe and atmosphere that stayed with me even as a young boy.
HIFK’s mission statement
HIFK’s mission is clear:
– Our “why” is to bring people together. Basically, we want to take care of people.
Nordis is a really important environment for hockey fans:
– You can always come here just as you are and we let your emotions show. The ice rink is a really important place for many people in the capital and we want to cherish that.
According to HIFK’s CEO, the atmosphere in the stadium is exceptional because of the sense of togetherness and relaxedness:
– When you’re in the hall, people come to talk easily. So there’s always someone to talk to, at least you say hello to everyone.
Shared values led to cooperation with Cariitti
HIFK’s strong brand and visibility contribute to agreeing on good collaborations. They are a big part of the hockey team’s financial security and well-being.
– We are in a very grateful position to have long-term partners. Each partnership is unique and customizable. Of course, it has to be a deal that benefits both parties.
HIFK’s values have been clarified over the past year.
– We have really strong values: working together, brotherhood, strength, power and willingness. This has been true of HIFK for 125 years and we are still true today.
Values and commonalities, regardless of the industry, make HIFK choose the most suitable partners. The partnership between Cariitti and HIFK came about through a recommendation.
– Together with Cariitti, we identified common values and issues in our activities that could be carried through to partnership. This gave a really strong basis for cooperation.
Peter Ruokonen, CEO of Cariitti, shares his thoughts on the cooperation:
– The cooperation started just before the covid. Although it started at a challenging time, when the halls were closed to spectators and games were played to empty stands. But despite this, the visibility has worked, first via TV and later live in the halls. To sum up, despite the challenging times, cooperation has worked well. We also feel that Cariitti’s visibility has improved.
The partnerships have produced good results:
– As a rule, we choose our partners so that there are not many from the same industry. This gives partners a better understanding of their target group. This is one of our main competitive advantages. We are very pleased to have Cariitti’s domestic sauna and lighting expertise as part of our network of partners.
According to Markus Lindström, the best thing about working with Cariitti is honesty and transparency:
– Both sides also feel that we get added value from the cooperation. The partnership is well known.
Communication with Cariitti is honest and direct from the very beginning of the cooperation:
– We communicate regularly. I appreciate that there are wishes and issues where change may be wanted. Things are brought honestly and openly to the table.
– The cooperation has developed year by year and will continue to do so. The positive driver for this cooperation is that we want to do good, Markus Lindström concludes.